Dr. Alefia Tapia, MD
Board Certified in Internal Medicine
Dr. Tapia has practiced in Internal Medicine for over 12 years. She's also been serving patients 18 years and older in Paris, Texas since 2010.
She received her Medical Degree from the University of Mumbai in 2003. Afterward she went on to complete her Internal Medicine Internship and Residency at Rochester General Hospital in Rochester, New York in 2007. She also procured the prestigious Libby Pulsifer Award for the best Resident with a focus for Primary Care during her Residency.
Dr. Alefia Tapia is a very thorough and empathetic physician who puts her patients care and health first.
In addition she was born and raised in Mumbai, India, but enjoys being in the small town of Paris for its family friendly atmosphere. She also loves traveling, reading and spending time with her kids.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MB BS), University of Mumbai – 2003
- Medical Degree – Rochester General Hospital – 2007
- Member of the Lamar–Delta County Chapter of Texas Medical Association
Active Community Privileges
- Paris Regional Medical Center – Paris, Texas
- Baylor Scott & White – McKinney, Texas